The Alberta Summer Suzuki Institute has a scholarship fund which allows us to offer assistance to students who may not otherwise be able to attend our institute.
To apply for scholarship assistance for ASSI 2016 please submit the following:
- a letter requesting assistance and outlining the students musical background, especially in the Suzuki method (please list teachers, programs and other related information).
- a brief statement of your financial need, please include any unusual expenses or circumstances you would like taken into consideration.
- a DVD showing two examples of the students work. This should illustrate a commitment to the Suzuki method of instruction. Please see the DVD Audition Guidelines for more information.
A scholarship committee consisting of a board member, a teacher and a parent will meet and review all applications.
The committee will take the following into consideration when allocating funds:
- multiple children in the program
- small number instrument areas (such as bass or viola)
- travel to attend ASSI 2016
- expense of program (e.g. chamber music program is more expensive than the core programs)
Scholarship application deadline April 15, 2016